I write a lot about bad days in this little space of mine. What can I say? I’m a glass-half-empty kinda gal and I love a good wallow. Today, however, I’m dedicating some time to the good days. You know what I mean when I say the good days, don’t you? The days when:
- You willingly take on hills because you know you’ll make them your bitch.
- I’m not a track skipping fanatic desperately seeking a song to spur on some energy. In fact, it doesn’t even matter what song is playing because you’re in the zone without music’s help.
- You sort of smugly keep count of the number of people you’re passing on the trail (maybe this one is just me…and, for the record, yesterday I passed almost two dozen on the BCMC).
- You’re actually disappointed that you can’t keep running when you realize you have to stop because you’ve poorly planned your life schedule and really should have been home ten minutes ago.
- Even though you drank an unhealthy amount of the world’s best sangria the night before, you feel light as air and strong as an ox (a fantastic combination, by the way).
- You’re excited about what the rest of the week has to offer.
The power of a few good days is palpable. It’s the kind of feeling I want to hold onto because, as everyone knows, they can’t all be good days. For now, I’m going to try to ride the high and kick off the week in a more positive headspace than I’ve had for weeks.
Thank you, good days. Please send a few more of you my way.